Keto Air Fryer Chicken Tenders — Keto air fryer chicken tenders are a delicious, low-carb alternative to traditional fried chicken tenders. These chicken tenders are coated in almond flour, parmesan cheese, and spices, then cooked in the air fryer until golden brown and crispy. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce for a perfect appetizer or main dish.
Try coating the chicken tenders in a mixture of crushed pork rinds and Parmesan cheese for something a little different. This gives them a crispy exterior that is full of flavor. Serve them with a side of ranch dressing or your favorite dipping sauce.
If you are looking for a more traditional fried chicken tender, you can bread them in a mixture of all-purpose flour, cornstarch, and spices. Then cook them in the air fryer until golden brown and crispy. Serve with honey mustard sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
What Are Keto Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Air fryers work by circulating hot air around food to cook it evenly. This results in food that’s crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, without all the oil of deep frying. And since chicken is one of the most versatile and popular meats, it’s no surprise that there are tons of delicious keto air fryer chicken recipes.
Keto air fryer chicken tenders are a great option if you’re looking for a quick and easy meal. Most recipes only require a few simple ingredients and can be on the table in under 30 minutes. They’re perfect for satisfying those fried chicken cravings without all the guilt. Whether you’re looking for a traditional-style chicken tender or something with a bit more flair, there’s sure to be a perfect recipe. So fire up your air fryer and get cooking!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Keto Chicken Tenders
Every keto dieter knows the key to success is finding low-carb substitutes for your favorite comfort foods. And what could be more comforting than a plate of crispy, juicy chicken tenders? These air fryer keto chicken tenders are the perfect solution for anyone craving a taste of their childhood without all the carbs. They are sure to become a new family favorite made with just a few simple ingredients.
To make air fryer keto chicken tenders, you will need:
- Chicken: Use boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
- Eggs: Use a large, room temperature egg
- Panko: Use your favorite panko (low carb and keto-friendly version). I used Pork Panko
- Flour: You can either use almond flour or coconut flour.
- Seasonings and Spices: Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Smoked Paprika, Salt, and Black Pepper
How To Cook Keto Chicken Tenders In The Air Fryer
First, preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, in a large bowl, pour the panko.
In another bowl, whisk together the egg with the garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
Coat your chicken with the flour, dip each chicken strip in the egg mixture, and coat in the panko mixture. Be sure to shake off any excess before placing it in the air fryer basket. Fry for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fried Low-Carb Chicken Tenders
Chicken tenders are a versatile and delicious option for any meal. They can be breaded and fried, baked, or grilled. And they can be made with different seasonings to suit any taste. However, chicken tenders can also be an excellent option for low-carb diets. Here are some tips for making the best air-fried chicken tenders that are low in carbs:
- Choose lean cuts of chicken breast, such as boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins. These cuts of chicken are lower in fat and calories than other cuts, making them a healthier choice.
- When breading your chicken tenders, use almond flour or coconut flour instead of traditional bread crumbs. These flours are lower in carbs and will help to keep your chicken tenders low in carbs.
- Use healthy cooking oil when air frying your chicken tenders. Some good options include avocado oil or olive oil. Avoid using oils high in saturated fat, such as vegetable oil or butter.
- Season your chicken tenders with salt, pepper, and other herbs and spices. This will give them flavor without adding any extra carbs.
- Serve your air-fried chicken tenders with a salad or steamed vegetables for a complete and nutritious meal that is low in carbs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Fried Chicken Bad For Keto?
While fried chicken is delicious comfort food, it’s not the best choice if you’re following a ketogenic diet. This is because most types of fried chicken are high in carbohydrates and fat and relatively low in protein. In addition, the breading on fried chicken can often contain gluten, which is a no-no on a keto diet. That said, there are some keto-friendly options available, such as air-fried chicken or oven-baked chicken strips. If you’re craving fried chicken, check the nutrition facts and ingredient list before indulging.
Is Fried Food Ok On A Keto Diet?
This is a question that many people ask when they are first starting on the ketogenic diet. The answer, like many things in nutrition, is that it depends. While fried food is generally high in fat and calories, not all fried foods are created equal. If you are eating fried chicken or fish that has been battered and fried in unhealthy oils, then it is probably not the best choice for a keto diet. However, eating keto-friendly foods pan-fried in olive oil or butter can be a nutritious and delicious part of your diet. In general, moderation is essential regarding fried food on a keto diet. Enjoy it occasionally as a treat, but don’t make it a staple of your diet.
Can You Stack Chicken Tenders In An Air Fryer?
No, you can not; they will not cook properly. Here are some tips to get the best and crispy Keto chicken tenders from your air fryer,
. First, ensure that your air fryer is big enough to accommodate the chicken tenders. They’ll touch each other and won’t cook evenly if it’s too small. Secondly, you’ll need to cook the chicken tenders in batches if you’re stacking them. You’ll need to cook them for less time than if they were cooked alone. Finally, ensure that the chicken tenders are properly seasoned before putting them in the air fryer. Once they’re cooked, they’ll be delicious and crispy!
More Air Fryer Keto Recipes
The Air Fryer Keto diet has been all the rage lately. And for a good reason! This high-fat, low-carb diet can lead to some impressive weight loss results. But one of the biggest challenges of the Air Fryer Keto diet is coming up with new and exciting recipes that fit within the strict carb limits. We’ve rounded up a list of our favorite Air Fryer Keto-friendly recipes. These recipes, from breakfast options to hearty main dishes, will help you stick to your diet without getting bored. So go ahead and give them a try!
- Air Fryer Keto Pumpkin Pie Muffins
- Air Fryer Keto Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
- Keto Air Fryer Banana Bread
- Air Fryer Keto Biscuits
- Air Fryer Keto Cheese Curds
- Easy Air Fryer Keto Buffalo Shrimp
Air Fryer Keto Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup coconut flour or almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- irst, preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, in a large bowl pour the panko.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, with the garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Coat your chicken with the flour, then dip each chicken strip in the egg mixture, then coat in the panko mixture. Be sure to shake off any excess before placing it in the air fryer basket. Fry for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- For extra crispy chicken tenders, spray your chicken tenders with cooking spray!