Looking for an appetizer that will wow your guests? Try these air fryer Blooming Onion Bites! They are easy to make and taste delicious. Plus, they are a healthy alternative to traditional onion rings. So give them a try today!
Looking for a delicious appetizer that’s both easy and fun to make? Then check out these air fryer Blooming Onion Bites! These tasty bites are perfect for parties, game nights, or whenever you need a quick snack that everyone will love. Best of all, they’re made in an air fryer so they’re low-fat, low-carb, keto-friendly, and low-calorie too!
What is a Blooming Onion?
A blooming onion is an oversized, deep-fried onion that is cut into layers and served as an appetizer. It gets its name from the way it “blooms” open when cut, revealing a star-like pattern in the center. The sauce that typically accompanies this dish can vary widely, but it is usually mayonnaise-based.
Blooming onions can be found at most restaurants that specialize in Southern cuisine. They are typically served as an appetizer and can be enjoyed as a snack or shared among multiple diners as part of a meal. Although this dish originated in the South, it has become quite popular all over the United States and is also enjoyed in some international cities.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Blooming Onion Bites
Looking for a delicious appetizer that will wow your guests? Look no further than these air fryer Blooming Onion Bites! They’re easy to make and sure to be a hit at your next party. Plus, they’re a lot healthier than traditional fried onion rings. Give them a try today!
- Pearl Onions: Use frozen pearl onions no need to defrost them.
- Oil: Use olive oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil.
- Seasonings and Spices: Paprika, Oregano, Thyme, Cumin, Salt, and Balck Pepper
How To Make Blooming Onion Bites In Air Fryer
Step One: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees f, using the air fryer setting.
Step Two: Add the unthawed onions to a mixing bowl. and drizzle with olive oil.
Step Three: Sprinkle the onions with the paprika, oregano, ground thyme, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat well.
Step Four; Place the onions in a well-greased air fryer basket, in a single layer.
Step Five: Cook the onions for 8-10 minutes in the air fryer, tossing carefully every few minutes to prevent burning.
Step Six: Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
How To Store Leftover Air Fryer Blooming Onion Bites
To make Air Fryer Blooming Onions in advance, simply allow them to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container in the fridge. Then, when you’re ready to serve them, simply reheat them in your air fryer at 350 F for 5 minutes until they are crispy and hot again.
The other option is to freeze Blooming Onion bites before cooking them; simply place the cooled onion rings on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, and freeze them until solid. Once they are frozen through, you can place the rings into a freezer-safe plastic bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months, which makes this a great recipe to prepare in advance.
When you’re ready to cook your Air Fryer Blooming Onions, pop them back into your air fryer and cook them at 350 F for 6 to 8 minutes until they are crispy and piping hot. This method is perfect if you want to prepare frozen Blooming Onion bites ahead of time so that they’re ready when you need them!
And besides being delicious, Air Fryer Blooming Onions are also a healthier option than fried onion rings, since they are cooked in an air fryer rather than fried in oil. Air Fryers help provide a healthier alternative to frying that still provides delicious flavor without all of the fat and calories that come along with deep-frying your food!
So if you’re looking for a healthy appetizer to serve at your next party, or a delicious way to use up your leftover Blooming Onion rings, this Air Fryer Blooming Onion bites recipe is an easy and tasty choice!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- ir Fryer Keto Baked Avocado Egg Recipe
- Instant Pot Loaded Mashed Cauliflower
- Keto Instant Pot Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Air Fryer Keto Bagel Chips
- Air Fryer Keto Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Easy Air Fryer Keto Chicken Nuggets
Air Fryer Blooming Onion Bites
- Air Fryer
- 1 bag pearl onions frozen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees f, using the air fryer setting.
- Add the unthawed onions to a mixing bowl. and drizzle with olive oil
- Sprinkle the onions with the paprika, oregano, ground thyme, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat well.
- Place the onions in a well-greased air fryer basket, in a single layer.
- Cook the onions for 8-10 minutes in the air fryer, tossing carefully every few minutes to prevent burning.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!