Are you looking for a low-carb snack alternative that doesn’t require you to miss out on the deliciousness of tortilla chips? Well, look no further than your air fryer! These keto low-carb tortilla chips are easy to make and totally addictive.
Have you ever tried making tortilla chips in an air fryer? If not, you’re missing out! Air fryer tortilla chips are delicious and low-carb, making them the perfect snack for keto dieters. Plus, they’re really easy to make – all you need is a few simple ingredients and your air fryer. So why not give them a try today? You won’t regret it!’
What Is Fat Head Dough?
What is fat head dough? It’s a question that has been popping up all over the internet lately. And for good reason – this low-carb, high-fat dough is perfect for anyone on a keto diet or who wants to reduce their carbohydrate intake.
The fat head dough is easy to make and can be used to create all sorts of delicious dishes. In this post, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about fat head dough so that you can start cooking with it today!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Fathead Tortilla Chips
Looking to make some delicious tortilla chips without all of the unhealthy fat? Well, you need an air fryer! These Air Fryer Fathead Tortilla Chips are a great way to get that perfect chip texture and flavor without all of the greases.
With only a few simple ingredients, you can have a batch of these chips ready in no time! So invite your friends over for some game night and show them how awesome your air fryer skills are!
- Mozzarella Cheese: Use freshly shredded mozzarella cheese. For best results use low-moisture mozzarella cheese.
- Cream Cheese: Use regular, room-temperature cream cheese.
- Almond Flour: Use finely grounded almond flour, you can also use low-carb coconut flour.
- Egg: Use a large, room-temperature egg.
How To Cook Fathead Tortilla Chips In Air Fryer
Microwave the mozzarella and cream cheese together in a medium bowl. Microwave first for one minute, stir, and then microwave for another 30 seconds. Cheeses should be well combined. Add almond flour to the cheese mixture. Also, add in the egg, but be sure that the cheese mixture is not very hot, but still workable, so you do not cook the egg.
Stir the ingredients all together and knead if necessary to incorporate the ingredients. Press dough into a very thin and flat shape between two pieces of parchment paper. Air fry the dough on parchment paper at 350F until golden brown for 15-20 minutes. Spray cooking spray on the dough halfway.
Once the disk is golden brown, remove it from the air fryer and let cool completely. Once cool, cut the dough into small triangles (nacho shapes) and top with your favorite nacho toppings!
Tips For Making The Best Flatbread Nachos In Air Fryer
There’s nothing quite as satisfying as a big plate of crispy nachos, and the air fryer is the perfect way to get that golden brown crunch without using tons of oil. The key to ensuring your flatbread nachos turn out perfectly is all in the prep work.
- Be sure to cut your flatbread into small, bite-sized pieces before adding any toppings.
- Make sure that you use good, low-moisture mozzarella cheese, for the best flavor, and texture.
- Flour: You can either use almond flour or coconut flour, both are great keto-friendly and low-carb flour options.
- Let the dough cool, before making the dough into chips.
Why Is It Called Flathead Dough?
The 2009 documentary, Fat Head is famous for its riveting account of one man’s quest to eat fast food without sacrificing health or happiness. The film follows Tom Naughton as he goes month-long with only 100 grams (or 4 slices) per day – but still manages to lose weight and lower his cholesterol level by cutting out carbs altogether!
More Air Fryer Keto-Friendly and Low-Carb-Friendly Recipes
- Air Fryer Roasted Garlic Bulbs
- Air Fryer Keto Pita Pizza
- Easy Air Fryer Keto Everything Bagel Roll-Ups
- AIR FRYER CORNED BEEF BRISKET
- AIR FRYER FAJITA VEGETABLES
Air Fryer Keto Low Carb Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- Microwave the mozzarella and cream cheese together in a medium bowl.
- Microwave first for one minute, stir, and then microwave for another 30 seconds. Cheeses should be well combined.
- Add almond flour to the cheese mixture.
- Also, add in the egg, but be sure that the cheese mixture is not very hot, but still workable, so you do not cook the egg.
- Stir the ingredients all together and knead if necessary to incorporate the ingredients.
- Press dough into a very thin and flat shape between two pieces of parchment paper
- Air fry the dough on parchment paper at 350F until golden brown for 15-20 minutes. Spray cooking spray on the dough halfway.
- Once the disk is golden brown, remove it from the air fryer and let cool completely.
- Once cool, cut the dough into small triangles (nacho shapes) and top with your favorite toppings!