If you’re on the keto diet, you know that finding snacks that fit within your daily carb allowance can be tricky. But with an air fryer, you can easily make low-carb chips from zucchini! These keto zucchini chips are a delicious and healthy way to satisfy your snack cravings. Plus, they’re easy to make – just follow these simple steps.
Looking for a lower-carb option for your favorite guilty pleasure snack? Check out this air fryer keto zucchini chips recipe! With just a few simple ingredients, you can make these crispy, crunchy snacks in no time. Plus, they’re a great way to use up any leftover zucchini from your garden. So go ahead and indulge – you deserve it
What Are Zucchini Chips?
Zucchini chips are basically thinly sliced pieces of zucchini that have been fried or baked. They are a healthier alternative to regular potato chips and are a great way to get your veggies in! Zucchini chips can be made in a dehydrator, oven, or even air-fried.
The key to making perfect zucchini chips is to slice the zucchini thinly and evenly. This can be done with a mandoline slicer, food processor, or even a sharp knife. Once the zucchini is sliced, it is then coated in olive oil and sea salt (or your favorite seasoning) and placed on a baking sheet. The zucchini chips are then baked at a low temperature until crisp. And that’s it! You now have a delicious and healthy snack that everyone will love.
Are Zucchini Chips Healthy?
Yes, Zucchini chips are a healthy alternative to processed snacks like potato chips. They are lower in calories and fat, and they provide some essential nutrients like vitamin C and potassium. Zucchini chips also have a low glycemic index, which means they won’t spike your blood sugar levels. However, zucchini chips are typically fried, so they may not be the healthiest choice if you’re trying to watch your waistline. When made at home, zucchini chips can be baked or air-fried for a healthier option. So, the next time you’re in the mood for a crunchy snack, reach for some zucchini chips instead of the potato variety. Your body will thank you!
Zucchini Chips Air Fryer Recipe
Looking for a delicious and healthy snack that you can make in your air fryer? If so, you’ll love this zucchini chips recipe!
The key to making crispy and flavorful zucchini chips is to slice the zucchini thinly and evenly. You’ll also want to be sure to pat the zucchini slices dry before cooking to prevent them from steaming in the air fryer. Season the zucchini chips with your favorite spices, then cook for just a few minutes until crisp. Enjoy as is or dip in your favorite sauce. Yum!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Keto Zucchini Chips
Do you need a delicious and healthy snack that satisfies your cravings without ruining your diet? If so, air fryer keto zucchini chips are the perfect solution. Made with just a few simple ingredients, these chips are light and crispy, with a mildly sweet flavor that is sure to please. Best of all, they are low in carbs and calories, making them an ideal snack for those on a ketogenic diet. To make air fryer keto zucchini chips, you will need:
- Zucchini: Use fresh zucchini, without any blemishes or bruising.
- Olive Oil: You can also use any high-heat oil, such as olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, or grapeseed oil.
- Seasonings: Ranch Seasoning, Salt, Black Pepper
How To Make Zucchini Chips In Air Fryer
Start by making very thin slices of zucchinis. You can use a mandolin if necessary. Lay out the zucchini on a paper towel, then cover it with another paper towel. This will remove moved of the liquid, and help crisp up your zucchini.
Add the zucchini to the air fryer basket, brush with olive oil, and season with salt, black pepper, and ranch seasoning.
Set the temperature to 270 degrees F, and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process. Remove when the chips are crispy.
Tips For The Best Low-Carb Zucchini Chips
For anyone looking to enjoy a tasty and healthy snack, zucchini chips are a great option. Not only are they low in carbs, but they are also packed with nutrients. However, making the perfect zucchini chip can be a bit of a challenge. Here are a few tips to help you get the best results:
- Choose the right zucchini. Look for zucchinis that are firm and free of blemishes. If possible, try to find ones that are about the same size so that they will cook evenly.
- Slice the zucchini thinly. The thinner the slices, the crispier the chips will be. If you have a mandoline slicer, this is the perfect tool for the job. Otherwise, a sharp knife will do just fine.
- Season the zucchini slices well. Be sure to add enough salt, pepper, and other spices to really give the flavor of the chips. You can also experiment with different seasonings to find what you like best.
- Bake in a single layer. It’s important to spread the zucchini slices out on the baking sheet so that they cook evenly and don’t stick together. If necessary, use two baking sheets instead of crowding them onto one.
- Keep an eye on them while they bake. Zucchini chips can go from perfectly cooked to burnt very quickly, so it’s important to stay vigilant while they’re in the oven. Keep an eye on them and check on them frequently to avoid ending up with a tray of burnt chips!
With these tips in mind, you’ll be well on your way to making delicious and healthy low-carb zucchini chips that everyone will love!
How To Avoid The Zucchini Chips To Burn
Cooking at a low temperature, the zucchini chips will not burn. For the best results, check on your chips frequently as they cook up.
As soon as the chips are crispy, remove them from the air fryer, and then let cool. They will harden slightly as they cool down.
How To Store Homemade Zucchini Chips
So, you’re finally done making those delicious zucchini chips you’ve been wanting to try out for a while. But now that they’re done, how do you store them so they stay fresh and crispy? Here are a few tips to help you out.
First of all, make sure the chips are completely cooled before storing them. If they’re even slightly warm, they’ll start to get soggy and won’t be as crisp when you go to eat them. Once they’re cool, put them in an airtight container or bag. This will help keep them from getting dried out or losing their flavor.
If you want to keep them for more than a day or two, you can store them in the fridge. Again, make sure they’re in an airtight container so they don’t absorb any odors from other food. They should last for a week this way. You can also freeze them if you want to keep them longer. Just make sure to put them in a freezer-safe container and they’ll last for several months.
following these simple tips, your homemade zucchini chips will stay fresh and delicious for days (or even weeks) to come! Enjoy!
More Easy Air Fryer Keto Recipes
- Air Fryer Keto Baked Avocado Egg Recipe
- Air Fryer Keto Bagels
- Easy Air Fryer Big Mac Salad
- AIR FRYER LOBSTER TAILS
- AIR FRYER RACK OF LAMB
Keto Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer
- 2 large zucchini sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ranch seasoning
- Start by making very thin slices of zucchinis. You can use a mandolin if necessary. Lay out the zucchini on a paper towel, then cover it with another paper towel. This will remove moved of the liquid, and help crisp up your zucchini.
- Add the zucchini to the air fryer basket, brush with olive oil, and season with salt, black pepper, and ranch seasoning.
- Set the temperature to 270 degrees F, and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process. Remove when the chips are crispy.