Air Fryer Keto Bagels — Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and these air fryer keto bagels will help you start your day off right. These light and fluffy bagels are perfect for a quick breakfast on the go or a lazy Sunday morning. Plus, they’re keto-friendly and low in carbs, so you can indulge guilt-free. Enjoy them with cream cheese, nut butter, or your favorite jam!
ir Fryer Keto Bagels are a fantastic way to get your morning bagel fix without all of the carbs. Plus, they’re really easy to make and only require a few ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. We hope you enjoy them!
What Are Keto Bagels
Keto bagels are a low-carbohydrate, high-fat alternative to traditional bagels. Unlike traditional bagels, which are made with wheat flour and malt syrup, keto bagels are made with almond flour, eggs, and cream cheese.
Keto bagels are significantly lower in carbohydrates than traditional bagels, making them an ideal choice for people on a low-carbohydrate diet.
In addition to being low in carbohydrates, keto bagels are also high in healthy fats and protein. This combination of nutrients makes keto bagels a filling and satisfying snack that can help you stick to your diet. If you’re looking for a tasty way to start your day or power through a mid-day slump, keto bagels are a delicious and nutritious option.
Why Make Homemade Low-Carb Bagels In The Air Fryer
Why make homemade low-carb bagels in the air fryer? The answer is simple: because they’re delicious and nutritious! Not only do they taste great, but they’re also packed with protein and fiber. And since they’re made with whole wheat flour, they’re much lower in carbs than traditional bagels. So if you’re looking for a healthy, delicious way to start your day, look no further than homemade air fryer bagels!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Keto Bagels
With these simple ingredients, you can easily make delicious and healthy keto bagels that are perfect for breakfast, lunch, or any time in between!
- Mozzarella Cheese: Use freshly shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Almond Flour: You can also use coconut flour
- Baking Powder: This will help your bagels rise.
- Vinegar: Adds some zing and adds some flavor.
- Egg: Use a large, room-temperature egg.
How To Make Keto Bagels In The Air Fryer
In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the shredded cheese and butter, and microwave until melted. Then add in the almond flour, baking powder, white vinegar, and egg, and mix well.
Separate your dough into 6 pieces. Then use your hands to shape into a bagel shape. Either make a long roll, attach the two sides, make a ball, and use your finger to make a hole in the center.
Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray, and then as you make your bagels, place them into the basket. Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of the bagels with melted butter. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5 minutes, flip the bagels, brush again with the melted butter, and air fry for another 5 to 7 minutes.
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Low-Carb BagelsI
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy way to make low-carb bagels, look no further than your air fryer! Here are some tips to help you get the best results:
- Use high-quality low-carb flour. This will ensure that your bagels are light and fluffy, without being dense or doughy.
- Make sure your dough is well-kneaded. This will help to create a smooth, elastic texture that will hold up well in the air fryer.
- Use plenty of fat. This will help to create a crispy exterior, while also keeping the bagels moist and tender on the inside.
- Preheat your air fryer before cooking the bagels. This will help to ensure that they cook evenly and don’t stick to the basket.
- Only cook one or two bagels at a time. overcrowding the air fryer can lead to uneven results.
By following these simple tips, you’ll be able to make perfect air fryer low-carb bagels every time!
Frequently Asked Questions
What to eat with bagels
Bagels are versatile food that can be enjoyed in many different ways. While traditionally they are eaten with cream cheese and lox, there are endless possibilities for what to eat with bagels. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- For a savory option, try topping your bagel with hummus or avocado toast.
- A Sweet treat, top your bagel with Nutella or peanut butter and jelly.
- For a satisfying meal, top your bagel with eggs, bacon, or sausage.
- For a healthy option, top your bagel with yogurt or fresh fruit.
No matter what you choose to eat with your bagel, you’re sure to enjoy this delicious food!
How long do bagels last in the fridge
Most types of bread, including bagels, will last for about a week in the fridge. This is because bread goes stale more quickly at room temperature. Put your bagels in an airtight container or plastic bag to prevent them from drying out too quickly.
How long do bagels last in the freezer
If you want your bagels to last even longer, you can freeze them. Wrapped tightly, frozen bagels will stay fresh for up to three months. Just be sure to defrost them completely before eating. Toast frozen bagels directly from the freezer for best results.
How to defrost bagels
There are a few different ways to defrost bagels. The best way is to let them thaw overnight in the refrigerator. If you’re short on time, you can also microwave them for a few seconds.
If you’re planning on toasting your bagels, it’s best to defrost them first so they don’t end up being hard and chewy. However, you can also toast frozen bagels directly from the freezer. Just be sure to toast them for a little longer than usual. Whether you thaw your bagels or not, enjoy them with your favorite cream cheese or toppings.
More air fryer keto recipes
Looking for even more Keto-friendly recipes, some of my favorites are:
- Air Fryer Keto Croissants
- Air Fryer Keto-Friendly Breakfast Bake
- Keto Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- Air Fryer Lobster Tails
Air Fryer Keto Bagels
- Air Fryer
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the shredded cheese and butter, microwave until melted. Then add in the almond flour, baking powder, white vinegar, egg, and mix well.
- Separate your dough into 6 pieces. Then use your hands to shape into a bagel shape. Either make a long roll, attach the two sides, make a ball, and use your finger to make a hole in the center.
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray, and then as you make your bagels, place them into the basket. Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of the bagels with melted butter. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5 minutes, flip the bagels, brush again with the melted butter, and air fry for another 5 to 7 minutes