Air Fryer Keto Croissants — You don’t have to give up bread just because you’re keto! These air fryer keto croissants are easy to make and so delicious. They’re perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch.
The Air Fryer Keto Croissants were a big hit in our house. I am so glad that we have an air fryer because it makes creating keto-friendly versions of my favorite foods much easier. If you are looking for a delicious and easy-to-follow recipe for croissants, look no further than this one! Give the Air Fryer Keto Croissants a try – you won’t be disappointed.
The Best Keto Croissant Recipe
A flaky, buttery croissant is the stuff of dreams. But if you’re following a keto diet, they might seem out of reach. Not anymore! This keto croissant recipe is just as good as the real thing, without all the carbs. The best part? They’re super easy to make.
They are cooked to perfection in the air fryer, the result is a flaky, and delicious low-carb and keto-friendly homemade bread recipe!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Keto Croissants
What are the Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Keto Croissants? This is a question we get a lot! Most people think that you need some special ingredients or a complicated recipe to make keto croissants. But the truth is, all you need is a few simple ingredients and an air fryer!
- Almond Flour: Opt for finely grounded almond flour, for the best flavor and texture. I used Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour.
- Powdered Stevia: This will give you a sweet flavor, I find that Stevia is better for baking than other keto sugar replacements.
- Xantham Gum: This will act as your stabilizer for keto-friendly and low-carb baked goods.
- Baking Powder: Helps your croissants rise, and gives them an airy flavor and texture.
- Mozzarella Cheese; Will provide some moisture for your dough and helps the dough bind together.
- Egg: Use large, room temperature egg.
- Butter: I used salted butter, which was melted.
How To Cook Homemade Keto Croissants In The Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 325 degrees F. In Bowl One: Whisk together the coconut flour, stevia, xanthan gum, and baking powder.
Bowl two (microwavable): Add your mozzarella to a bowl and place it in the microwave. Microwave for about 1 minute while checking on it every 20-30 seconds. Cheese should be well melted but not burnt or dried out.
Add the mozzarella and the egg to the coconut flour mixture. Combine well and form into a ball of dough. Optional: to make the dough easier to handle, freeze for 30 minutes.
Knead the ball of dough if necessary and roll it out between two sheets of parchment paper. Try to form as much of a circle of dough as possible.
Cut the dough into 6-8 pieces with a pizza cutter or knife. When sliced it should resemble a sliced pizza.
Roll from the longer, wider outer edge to the pointed corner. Pinch the dough were needed to seal but be careful to not pinch too much. Bend the corners for a croissant shape. Repeat with other slices.
Brush or spoon butter onto the croissants. Air fry 5-8 minutes at 325F. Add time in two-minute increments if not yet golden brown depending on your air fryer. Cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Tips For The Best Low-Carb Air Fryer Croissants
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy low-carb breakfast option, look no further than air fryer croissants! These little pastries are made with low-carb ingredients, so they’re perfectly suitable for those on a keto-friendly or low-carb diet.
Plus, they only take a few minutes to cook in the air fryer, so you can have hot, fresh croissants any time you want them! Here are a few tips for making the best low-carb air fryer croissants:
- Use quality ingredients. Be sure to use good around almond flour for your croissants. This will ensure that they turn out light and fluffy, with a crispy exterior.
- Preheat your air fryer. This will help to ensure that your croissants cook evenly. Simply set your air fryer to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and let it preheat for about 5 minutes before cooking your pastries.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. When placing your croissants in the air fryer basket, be sure to leave enough space between them so that they can cook evenly. Crowding the basket will result in uneven cooking and may cause some of the croissants to stick together.
- Cook until golden brown. Cook your croissants in the air fryer for about 5-8 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside. Serve hot and enjoy!
How To Store
To store croissants, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container. Store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Croissants can be reheated by wrapping them in foil and placing them in a 350-degree oven until warmed through.
What to serve with croissants for breakfast
Croissants are a delicious breakfast food that can be enjoyed on their own or with a variety of toppings. While traditional croissants are typically served with butter and jam, there are many other options that can be just as delicious.
Nutella is a popular choice, as it pairs well with the flaky texture of the croissant. Other sweet toppings such as honey or fruit compote can also be enjoyable. For a savory option, try topping your croissant with ham and cheese or roasted vegetables. No matter what you choose to top your croissant with, you’re sure to enjoy a delicious and satisfying breakfast.
How to reheat croissants in Air Fryer
Croissants are a delicious breakfast treat, but they can be tricky to reheat without making them tough or dry. However, using an air fryer is the perfect way to get crisp, flaky results. Simply preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place the croissants on the wire rack. Cook for three to five minutes, or until heated through. Enjoy!
More Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
While the air fryer is most commonly associated with fried foods, it can actually be used to cook a variety of dishes. With a little creativity, you can use your air fryer to make a delicious and healthy breakfast. Here are some recipes to get you started:
Air Fryer Omelette: Start by mixing together your favorite omelet ingredients in a bowl. Then, spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and pour in the mixture. Cook for about five minutes, or until the omelet is set.
Air Fryer Breakfast Burrito: Wrap your favorite burrito fillings in a tortilla, and then place them in the air fryer basket. Cook for about three minutes, or until the tortilla is crispy. Serve with salsa and guacamole on the side.
Air Fryer Pancakes: Mix together pancake batter according to your favorite recipe. Then, spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and add ¼ cup of batter to the center. Cook for two minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with syrup and butter on top.
Air Fryer Keto-Friendly Breakfast Bake: A simple and delicious breakfast option, so good!
With a little imagination, you can use your air fryer to create all sorts of tasty breakfast dishes. So get creative and enjoy!
Air Fryer Keto Croissants
- Air Fryer
- 1/4 cup coconut flour or almond flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered stevia (more for dessert croissants)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 ounces mozzarella
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon butter salted, and melted
- Preheat the air fryer to 325F.
- Bowl One: Whisk together the coconut flour, stevia, xanthan gum, and baking powder.
- Bowl two (microwavable): Add your mozzarella to a bowl and place in the microwave. Microwave for about 1 minute while checking on it every 20-30 seconds. Cheese should be well melted but not burnt or dried out.
- Add the mozzarella and the egg to the coconut flour mixture. Combine well and form into a ball of dough. Optional: to make the dough easier to handle, freeze for 30 minutes.
- Knead the ball of dough if necessary and roll out between two sheets of parchment paper. Try to form as much of a circle of dough as possible.
- Cut the dough into 6-8 pieces with a pizza cutter or knife. When sliced it should resemble a sliced pizza.
- Roll from the longer, wider outer edge to the pointed corner. Pinch the dough where needed to seal but be careful to not pinch too much. Bend the corners for a croissant shape. Repeat with other slices.
- Brush or spoon butter onto the croissants.
- Air fry 5-8 minutes at 325F. Add time in two minute increments if not yet golden brown depending on your air fryer.
- Cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!